March Favorites

 Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I feel guilty that I bought enough beauty products to write, yet again, a favorites post. But, I have some [legitimate] excuses: there are more days in March, I didn't have as many exams, and I had my spring break this month. Yeah... I feel better now. So, onto my favorite beauty products! (swatches are towards the bottom of the post)


  • L'Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Professional Magic Smooth Souffle Foundation $13.97: I love the texture of this foundation! It's feels like whipped cream. It is really easy to blend, and I don't need to use a brush or sponge to apply this. I'm going to do a more thorough review on this product, including pictures and application tips because this foundation deserves its own entry. That's how awesome it is.




  • Stila Crush Lip and Cheek Stain in Mango $24: I bought this at Ulta because they are having a special deal where you can get the Make Me Blush Cheek Color (item below) for free with any Stila purchase of $30+. Actually, I had originally bought this stain in the shade "Coconut", but it did not complement my skin tone. Mango is a bright coral color with a shimmery gold base. I love the color, especially with Stila's Make Me Blush Cheek Color on top. The combination of these two products give me a nice, rosy glow and helps the color stay put on my cheeks for several hours. I used this on my lips, but the stain was barely noticeable. Also, these stains are supposed to smell like their respective names. Coconut smelled great, but mango smells odd... fortunately, the scent isn't too powerful and fades pretty quickly.




  • Stila Make Me Blush Cheek Color $22.99: I've been eyeing this blush since it came out around Valentine's Day. I think the hearts are adorable, and the shade is a nice, coral color when all the colors are combined. It is a bit shimmery, but I found that I can easily dust most of the shimmer off my cheeks with my fingers. You can get this for free with any $30+ Stila purchase at Ulta. I'm not sure when the deal ends though.




  • Rimmel Lipstick in Kiss $2.64: I think this color is really cute for spring and summer. It's a slightly bright, watermelon pink color. I also love the moisturizing formula of the lipstick.




  • MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Ultra Darling $14.50: I love this color. It's slightly darker than the Rimmel lipstick in Kiss, but I would still describe it as a watermelon pink. I also love the formula: creamy, moisturizing, and gives a nice, wet sheen.




  • Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist $14.05: This mist claims to nourish and improve the strength and flexibility of hair, banish frizz, and enhance shine. It is also a heat protectant. First off, I must say that I am kind of obsessed with the scent of this mist. I love the fact that it is also a heat protectant because I don't like applying more than one product onto my hair. I can't say if this product has improved my hair because I feel that my hair is pretty healthy. I've never colored it, and only use heat on my hair on rare occasions. In fact, I am extremely low maintenance when it comes to my hair. In terms of frizz and shine: yes, I have noticed that my hair isn't as frizzy and is shinier. I also like the fact that this doesn't leave my hair looking or feeling oily.




  • Swatches:

    From L to R: Stila Make Me Blush; Stila Mango Crush; Rimmel Kiss; MAC Ultra Darling

    Thanks for reading!

    1 comments:

    Beartea March 30, 2011 at 10:44 PM  

    I'm glad you did a swatch for the Stila blush - I've been contemplating it and it looks like a nice color! :)

    Post a Comment

    Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

    Back to TOP