Review: Loreal Paris Magic Smooth Souffle Foundation

 Wednesday, April 6, 2011


Before I start raving about this product, I'm going to provide some background on my skin type. During the winter, I have very dry skin. I get flaky, dry patches on my cheeks, the sides of my nose, and between my eyebrows. As the climate gets warmer, my skin gets less dry. During the summer, I have dry to normal skin with a slightly oily forehead. I also have extremely sensitive skin. Face products that contain the mildest ingredients can still cause irritation and redness.

I usually refrain from buying face products that don't have the following labels: for sensitive skin, oil free, fragrance free, non-comedogenic, and not tested on animals. The latter is not related to my skin type, but I must abide. I refuse to buy products from companies that test on animals. Unfortunately, I did not see ANY of these labels on this foundation jar, but I grudgingly purchased it per my best friend's recommendation (we have similar skin types). So here are the cons and pros of this product:

Cons:
-Packaging: the product is in a jar, which is not very hygienic. I use a clean cotton swab to retrieve the product.
-Coverage: my face is always red and I have some dark acne scarring on my chin. Unfortunately, the product does not provide enough coverage to conceal my flaws, but it is definitely buildable.
-Leaves a silky, almost oily residue when I first apply the product. However, this feeling does go away after a minute or so. This doesn't bother me because I like the added moisture, but this may not fare well with those who have oily skin.

Pros:
-Feels silky smooth (I know I listed this as a con, but it is a pro for me)
-Provides a matte, smooth look
-Isn't cakey
-I don't need a brush or a sponge to apply this.

Now, for some pictures... yes, I did some quick and messy editing. You can click on the pictures to enlarge them.

This is my skin after moisturizing and before the foundation:

This is my skin after foundation and before concealer:

This is my skin after foundation, concealer, and my makeup setting spray:


This product wins approval from me. Has anyone else tried this product? How does it work for you?

3 comments:

Gillion April 7, 2011 at 3:09 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hello Scrumptious April 10, 2011 at 2:54 AM  

I also have dry and sensitive skin too. From the pictures, the coverage looks amazing and so natural. How is the texture of the product itself? Is it creamy or thin?

Joanne April 10, 2011 at 12:35 PM  

@ JadeHeartz

The texture is quite thin, but it is by no means "liquidy". It kind of feels like whipped cream, but it is slightly thicker.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP